Saturday, May 4, 2013

Our Wedding Day

May 4th 2013
     
     The day couldn't have come fast enough for us. We were literally counting down the days, minutes and seconds starting at 101 days 23 hours and 34 seconds! 

     We originally wanted to get married on March 2nd-- the first Saturday after I received my endowment, but decided we'd much rather do it at a time where we would have an anniversary dedication to "us".

It was a tough decision, one that, looking back, was excruciatingly hard, but totally worth it! Still our best word of advice to engaged couples out there:


    AFTER YOU'RE ENGAGED DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER THAN 3 MONTHS TO GET MARRIED- MAX!


     Trust us, there is no reason to plan any longer than that... you can get a beautiful wedding planned in well under 3 months and then... you'll get to be married!! Trust us.

     As long as the 6 months between "will you marry me" and "I do" were... we truly enjoyed the time spent planning our wedding together! Luke was not only amazingly helpful, but managed to pull straight A's that semester as well! Woot! Woot! Shout out to my awesome husband! Such a smarty pants! :)

    Our wedding day was everything I imagined and then some. It truly was magical... and there is no way it could have pulled off without my amazing sister and best friend Joleena (Duckie) and all my other amazing bridesmaids and groomsmen (and Mom's)! They were on top of their game that day and made the reception the gorgeous dream it was! THANK YOU!!
















     Everyone always says your wedding day passes by so quickly... and they are RIGHT! We didn't know where the time had gone! We thought for sure that starting the day at 5:00 a.m. would make for a loooooong day, but it was over in the blink of an eye with just the memories of the cake, the decorations, the family and friends and the joyous moments in the Temple to tuck us in that night. Oh it was AMAZING! AHH-mazing!

































































































     We are so blessed to have had photographers who were able to do more than just take pictures but TRULY capture the moments that mattered to US... allowing us to feel like we can relive those moments forever. 

     Our reception was so much fun, but the true joy and memories happen at the Temple. There is no amount of cake, or decorations that could hold a candle to the beauty of the eternal commitment we made that morning to each other and to our Heavenly Father. The room was filled with some of our most near and dear close family and friends, and yet, the room was empty except for Luke and I and the Spirit. We locked hands, and locked eyes and we disappeared into the words of the promise we were making. Even now as I think back to this morning, I am overwhelmed by the joy and calm in which I felt knowing I was marrying my soul mate. 






































     My parents and sisters came to the Temple too and waited patiently in the foyer. There would have been very little in this world I would have wanted more than to have had them with me there... my Dad witnessing, my mom holding my hand, but I knew they were thinking of me. I knew they loved me, and gave their blessing to Luke and I as we walked through those Temple doors. I am blessed to have a family that supports my happiness above all else... I just long for the day when they too will learn of the beautiful plan of happiness our Heavenly Father has for them, and all of us, and open their hearts to the Gospel of the Lord. I can't wait for the day when I get to see my parents, and my family in the Temple. And I just know I will. 

     Now, happily married, Luke and I strive every day to keep our Temple covenants and promises! Life just keeps on getting better for us the closer we keep ourselves to the Lord. How blessed we are to be surrounded by so many people that make it easy to do it-- always being such wonderful, kind examples to us! We love you all! :)



































































Our Amazing Family:





















Just Us...
























No comments:

Post a Comment